I have been working full time on Connectorium for nearly 3 month now. This week for the first time I felt my productivity was below par. It has simply been very difficult to keep motivated. I think this is in part because I’m doing a lot more drawing, and a lot less coding.
Nevertheless today I managed to get a good chunk of work done, and hence feel like posting an update.
Here are some of the things I have been working on:
- I have most of the drawings for 7 out of 8 levels. That leaves 1 level, and the ending cut scene to go.
- Various sounds have been added here and there, most notably to the score screen and also to the cut scenes (e.g. there is a woosh sound when a drawing pops up).
- Background music has been added to cut scenes and game level.
- There is a volume control script now that cross fades between music and the voice over (once that’s done).
Here are some of the things that are most immediately on my radar:
- Finish the cutscenes. This includes adding the story text, and backgrounds.
- Add some more sounds in a few places.
- I need to do some UI touch ups. Most importantly the main menu.
- Beta Test!!
I have also been thinking about voice acting options. At this point voices.com looks like a good potential. At any rate, I will only do that once I have finalized the story and tested it thoroughly, as re-recording is not really an option.
Here are some of the drawings:
Here are a couple of screenshots (click for larger image). I think I had posted the lights level before, but since then I have implemented the “fixed item” feature as you can see. The school level has the most connections in all the levels (a total of 16, and there might even be a couple I have missed). Note that the white item is “Teacher” which I haven’t got around to drawing yet:
I’ve also uploaded a new track (which is a variation on the main theme, also available on my soundcloud account):